The soul of education is the education of the soul; Atma Vidya has to be taught more importantly than just Loka Vidya. Any parent who aspires to give their children education under the Divine Umbrella of the Grace of Bhagawan should not be denied this opportunity. Having such a vision in mind, the alumni of Sri Sathya Sai Educational Institutions at Alike and Muddenahalli have come together to share their inspirational education by replicating such idealistic and value-based educational institutions in various parts of Karnataka. This lead to the emergence of a charitable trust, Sri Sathya Sai Saraswathi Education Trust in October 2011, under the divine grace and blessings of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and guidance of the teachers and administrators of their Alma mater.
This is a unique initiative as alumni from different parts of the country who benefitted from this holistic education have come together to further the cause of nation building by providing education absolutely free of cost, especially to the deprived and the needy in rural Karnataka. The institutions established by Sri Sathya Sai Saraswathi Education Trust are working tirelessly to impart value-based integral education, which comprises of Physical, Psychological, Intellectual, Emotional and Spiritual development, under the guidance of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. More than 1500 students are benefiting from these institutions and the Trust aspires to establish many more such institutions in near future.
The vision of Sri Sathya Sai Saraswathi Education Trust is to provide free value-based education on the principles of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
Current projects of Sri Sathya Sai Saraswathi Education Trust.
The uniqueness of these institutions is that education is imparted to students free of any fees. These students are under the able guidance of a group of dedicated elders and teachers who have taken a vow of life-long celibacy (Brahmacharya).
- Loka Seva Vrinda was started by Rev. Madiyala Narayana Bhat in 1960.
- In 1962, Loka Seva Vrinda had started their first residential school at Alike.
- Due to requests from people in the neighbouring places, another school was started in 1973 at Muddenahalli.
- Loka Seva Vrinda transformed into Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust in 1978.
- In August of 1978, Sri Sathya Sai Baba formally took over the two campuses. A suitable name to the campus at Muddenahalli, ‘Sathya Sai Grama’ was graciously blessed by Swami, which means ‘The Village of Sathya Sai’.
- In June 1979, Baba blessed the Sathya Sai Grama with His presence when He inaugurated a small hospital named ‘Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Health Centre’.
- The 83rd Birthday of Bhagawan turned out to be a day of great blessing to Muddenahalli as He declared to the world that He would establish the fourth campus of Sri Sathya Sai University at Sathya Sai Grama. The university was inaugurated in 2012. Today, Sathya Sai Grama has more than one thousand students, 850 of them residing in the hostel.
- In 2011, the alumni of educational institutions of Alike and Muddenahalli formed Sri Sathya Sai Saraswathi Education Trust.