With the blessings of Bhagawan Baba, the old students of Sri Sathya Sai LokaSeva Educational Institutions at Muddenahalli formed an association named ‘Children of Sathya Sai’. The guiding principle of this association is the upliftment of the society along with one's own spiritual progress - 'AtmaKalyana and LokaKalyana' which was the cherished ideal of Rev. Madiyala Narayan Bhat (Rev. Anna) of hallowed memory. They use the society as an instrument and vehicle to follow, practice, implement and realise the ideals, philosophy and teachings of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
Respected Sri B.N. Narasimha Murthy formally inaugurated the association on 2nd October2001. By his enlightening and inspiring words of advice, he illumined the minds and hearts of nearly 700 old students that were gathered on that day.
Activities undertaken by the 'Children of Sathya Sai'
The ‘Children of Sathya Sai’ actively take part in Educational, Spiritual and Service activities to transform the eight adopted villages into ideal villages.
- Plan and implement programs for the all round development of the eight adopted villages in co-ordination with the Alma mater, 'Sri Sathya Sai LokaSeva Institutions - Sathya Sai Grama'.
- Construct or renovate temples cum community halls in these villages.
- Help the villagers in constructing toilets and improving general sanitation of adopted villages.
- Distribution of de-vermination tablets to the residents of all the eight villages which helps prevention of many diseases.
- Provide any material and equipment required by the villages through the 'President's Fund' to the tune of Rupees One Lakh per annum.
- Provide daily mid-day meal to all the day scholars.
- Serve food in these villages on the day of annual meet.
- Honour the CET Rank Holders and the toppers of SSLC and PUC examination in Sri Sathya Sai LokaSeva Institutions.
- Appointment of one teacher in each of the eight villages to improve the educational standard and health awareness.
- Conduct BalVikas classes in these villages in order to improve the spiritual and moral values in children.
- Build character of the rural youth through various activities.
- Support the Anganwadies in the eight villages with equipment and gadgets in their playgrounds and providing any other assistance required.
To learn more about their objectives and activities undertaken, click here
Mobile: +91 93438 50866