The photos of some of the facilities can be viewed here.
- Cleanly maintained dormitory accommodation is available for the students in the hostel.
- Normally about 15 students will be accommodated in each dormitory.
- All the rooms are provided with racks where the students can keep their belongings.
- Solar heaters are installed to provide hot water for bath.
- ‘Sai Annapoorna’ dining hall can accommodate around 500 people at a time and it has all the modern facilities.
- Bhagawan graciously inaugurated this dining hall on May 16th, 1998. HE has admired the aesthetic beauty and architecture of the building.
- Sathya Sai Sudha Dairy consisting of 60 cows is run in order to supply milk to the institution and it caters to around 70% of the requirement of the hostel.
- The auditorium is a magnificent building with an imposing tower where prayers are held twice a day.
- Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba has sanctified this hall by His Divine visits and Divine discourses.
There are four well-furnished and spacious libraries segregated into the following wings -Higher primary School, High School (State Board), CBSE and PU College.
- Subjects:Over 5000 books related to Academics, General Knowledge, Spirituality, Sports and Comics are available for students.
- Newspapers:English, Kannada and Hindi newspapers are available for students to get themselves updated with the current affairs.
- Magazines:The monthly and weekly magazines subscribed include Competition success, Wisdom, Sports Star, Champak, Reader’s Digest, Spain, Frontline, etc.The spiritual magazines subscribed include SanathanaSarathi, Vision, Vivekaprabha, Splendour, ShankaraBhaskara, Bhavan’s Journal etc.
- Timings:The library is open from 7:30 AM in the morning till 6 PM in the evening.
There is a well-furnished computer lab with broadband Internet facility. Apart from using the computer lab as a part of the curriculum by the CBSE and PUC students, it is also used by the other wings, Higher Primary and High School. The institution makes all the effort to make sure that the students will use the lab facility for educative purpose. The dimension of the lab is 36 by 24feet
- Location: The new lab is in PU college building and is utilized by all the students of the institution.
- 1987: The computer lab was first started in the year 1987 with five BBC microcomputers under the government project CLASS (Computer Literacy And Studies in Schools). BhagawanSri Sathya Sai Baba graciously inaugurated the lab.
- 1998: All the BBC microcomputers were replaced with eight P3 systems that made advanced versions of the computer available to students.
- 2007: All the P3 systems were replaced with 20 latest P4 version of the computer.
The Institute has provided a well-equipped, spacious science lab which has all the instruments and necessary equipment for the students to conduct experiments individually in the fields of Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Location: The Physics and Chemistry labs are housed in the CBSE building, and Biology lab is in the PU building. These labs cater to the academic needs of the PUC and CBSE syllabus and the students of both these boards share all the three labs.
- Dimensions: The dimension of each lab is 30feet by 24 feet.
Audio Visual Galleria
Soundproof professional audio studio mainly caters to the audio requirements of the institution. The studio also undertakes recordings for the Sai Global Harmony (World space).
- Location: The audio studio was started on 4th June 2005. The Institute has three Projectors and three sound systems placed at Auditorium, Conference Hall and Multimedia room.
1. Students can also exhibit their ideas and give presentations in the halls which are also used for guest lectures.
2. Multimedia room present in CBSE building is used to teach students using educational CDs.
Games and Sports
Students can participate in Sports & Games of their interest.Each wing is provided with its own sports equipment.
- Outdoor Sports:The Institute has well maintained playgrounds with concrete Basketball court, two outdoor Ball Badminton courts, five semi-indoor Badminton courts, four Volleyball courts, Table Tennis boards, Kho-Kho, Kabadi grounds, a Football ground with gallery and a Cricket ground with concrete pitch.
- Indoor games: Chess, Carrom Board and Chinese Checkers are available.
- Play Area: Higher Primary students have a separate play area with sand pit, sliders, swings etc.
- Martial Arts: Karate coaching is provided free of cost to interested students.
- Competitions: Athletics are encouraged and students regularly participate in district and State level competitions in which they come out with flying colors.
Music, Cultural and Moral Education
- Vocal Music:Carnatic music is taught by professionals.
- Musical Instruments: Training is provided for Tabla, Mridangam, Keyboard, Brass band and Harmonium.
- Dance: Bharatanatyamis taught.
- Veda: Vedas are taught to students to inculcate the sacred Indian culture in them. These include Shanthi Mantra, Rudram, Narayana Upanishad, PurushaSuktham, Srisuktham, Taittiriya Upanishad, Mahanarayana Upanishad etc.
- Bhagavad Gita: Some senior members of the Institution teach Bhagavad Gita slokas twice a week during the prayer sessions. Students learn to chant the slokas with proper intonation and interpretation of these slokas.
- Value-based education: Moral and spiritual education based on the universal Sai principles of Sathya, Dharma, Shanthi, Prema and Ahimsa is imparted to the students in the hostel. The teachers live with the children and ensure an atmosphere of love and care in the serene atmosphere of the campus. Faith in the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man is instilled through moral classes, prayers, bhajans, stories and parables drawn from different religions of the world. Moral and spiritual education is integrated with the entire academic program through the following activities:
1. Bal Vikas: Bhagawan Baba started the BalVikas program to foster character development and spiritual transformation in the students. These classes are conducted in this campus.
2. Moral science:These classes are conducted during the normal class hours every week.
3. SadhanaCamps: They are held regularly to impart human values to students.
4. Prayers: All the students participate in prayers held twice a day.
5. Competitive Examinations: Students are encouraged to study Ramayana and Mahabharata. They also participate in examinations in these holy epics and other moral examinations conducted by various organizations. Students
here have obtained gold and silver medals in these exams.
6. Service Activities: Children participate in various service activities.
7. Special talks: Talks on Spirituality and other topics are arranged occasionally.
Health and Hygiene
- Physical exercise:Students do jogging and physical exercises everyday after the morning prayers are completed to keep themselves fit throughout the day.
- Yoga: Classes are held in batches, once in a week for all the students. To encourage the students, various yoga competitions are held. Students who perform well are allowed to exhibit their talent on stage during various functions.
- Medical Check-up:
1. Hospital: The Boggaram hospital in the campus provides free treatment to the students and staff of the Institute and also to the poor villagers nearby.
2. Dentist: A dental check-up facility is available once in a week and experienced doctors visit the hospital round the week.
3. Doctor’s visit: A physician visits the institution campus from Monday to Saturday from 7:15 AM to 8:15 AM.Cases of illness will be promptly attended to.
4. Specialized care: In case the students require more medical attention, they will be taken to Chikballapur for consultation with specialists (Eye, Skin, Dental and Ortho) accompanied by a staff of the Institute.
5. Surgery: If the student has to undergo a surgery, he will be allowed to go home and come back after complete recovery based on the doctor’s advice.
6. Emergency: In case any student requires immediate medical attention, the Institutewill provide the initial medical checkup and will inform the parents later.
7. Medical store: The campus has a dispensary under the supervision of the doctor.
1. Hostel Rooms: have to be maintained by the residents themselves, which thereby inculcates in the students the concept of cleanliness.
2. Surroundings:Cleaning the surroundings is part and parcel of the hostel life. The students will do the surrounding cleaning everyday in batches.
Food and Nutrition
A relishing and well-balanced VEGETARIAN diet is served under hygienic conditions.
1. Breakfast, lunch, dinner.
2. Light snacks in the evening and coffee/tea/milk.
3. Milk is also served after supper.
- Sweets: Sweets are provided twice in a week.
1. Drinking water:Filtered (Aquaguard) drinking water is available near the classrooms and the dining halls.
2. Hot water: Solar heaters are used to provide hot water for bath.
- Festival days: A special menu will be served.
Others Facilities in the Campus
Many more facilities are provided within the campus to cater to the requirements of the students.
- General Store: Stationery supplies are available in the store.
- Canteen: A well-maintained canteen caters to the needs of parents, guests and visitors.
- Photocopy Machine: Photocopy machines are installed in the campus for the benefit of students and staff.
- Laundry: A dhobi comes to the campus twice a week to wash and press the clothes of the students.
- Phone: Coin booths and STD booths are available.
- Post office: There is a full-fledged post office in the campus premises.
- Bank facility: There is a branch of Vijaya Bank and a nationalized bank adjacent to the campus.
- Hair cutting saloon
- Tailoring shop
- Alternative power supply in case of power failure.