A. LOKA SEVA VRINDA:
- Loka Seva Vrinda was established by REV. MADIYAL NARAYANA BHAT on December 8th, 1960, under a Banyan tree in Alike, Dakshina Kannada District.
- A High School with hostel facility started in 1962 for the rural children of Alike and surrounding areas.
- A Girls High School started in 1970s to extend the right of education to girls also.
B. MUDDENAHALLI INSTITUTIONS:
- REV. MADIYAL NARAYANA BHAT established educational institutions in Muddenahalli which is which is the birthplace of the renowned EngineerStatesman, Bharat Ratna Dr. M. Visweswaraya. This place is about four miles to the southwest of Chikballapur, and is located in a panoramic setting at the foot of the chain of Nandi Hills, 23 km from Bengaluru International Airport.
- A Higher Primary and a High School with a hostel started in 1973 for the rural children of Chikballapur and the surrounding areas.
- The group of “Thyagajeevis” lead by Sri Narayan Bhat soon found their guide and guru in BHAGAWAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA and offered these institutions to Him.
- In August of 1978, Sri Sathya Sai Baba formally took over the two campuses. A suitable name to the campus at Muddenahalli, ‘Sathya Sai Grama’ was graciously blessed by Swami, which means ‘The Village of Sathya Sai’.
C. SRI SATHYA SAI LOKA SEVA TRUST:
- Loka Seva Vrinda transformed itself into Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust in 1978 after it was blessed and accepted into His fold by Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
- SSSLST is part of the Divine Mission of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba and their motto is same as that of Bhagawan Baba – ‘Samastha Loka Sukhinobhavantu,’ meaning ‘May every being in this universe enjoy total happiness!’.
- Their mission is achieved by
a. Providing free value-based education coupled with high academic standards and shaping them into good human beings and citizens of the Motherland
b. Providing free health-care to deprived classes of society by conducting regular medical camps and establishing hospitals.
c. Improving the living conditions of people in the surrounding villages by providing material amenities and spiritual inspiration.
D. SRI SATHYA SAI SARASWATHI EDUCATION TRUST:
- In 2011, the alumni of Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva educational institutions at Alike and Muddenhalli, by the divine grace and blessings of Bhagawan, have come together and formed a charitable Trust, Sri Sathya Sai Saraswathi Education Trust under the guidance of the teachers and administrators of their Alma mater.
- Their mission is to replicate value based educational institutions in 30 districts in Karnataka.